Okay so you have a date, you’re excited, you’re anxious, you’re stressed, you’re running late because you have pulled the entire contents of your wardrobe onto your floor and can’t piece together an outfit to save your life. Let me introduce you to the movie date rule of five.
With this you will become date faultless, immaculately punctual and look effortlessly cool. So in order to get the ‘oh i just threw this all together when you said you’d take me to see the hunger games tonight’ follow the holy five:
1. BLACK JEANS - Jeans are brilliant and comfortable and you can always find a type to fit your size and body shape. I live in my Cheap Mondays and if you haven’t found a brand you love and trust it’s time to work out what label does the best jeans for your body. Very important. A good pair of jeans is what you should be basing the rest of your outfit upon. Black jeans are the best, black is classic yet dressy and jeans are, well, we just went through that. Black Jeans will go with anything so rest assure you wont be desperately trying to match pants with your tops.
Let’s face it, the cinema always has their air con up way too high! You want to be listening to the movie’s dialogue, not your own teeth chattering away. Always bring a cute cardigan that you can fold up into your bag if you don’t need it anymore.
What you’re going to put all your things in. Perfume, mints, hair clips, makeup etc. A decent sized saddle bag is perfect. My current bag is fringed and black. Your current bag should be medium sized and complimenting to your shoe colour (don’t ask me why but this just always makes outfits look more ‘put together’)
This is where you can get creative, however work out what you want your main piece to be. If you have an incredible pair of long gypsy earrings I’m sorry but it’s probably not a great idea to then wear 10 rings and vice versa. Choose pieces that compliment what you’re wearing. If you have a loose or low cut top (which I don’t suggest you do unless you’re looking for some lovin’ or you have small/no boobs) wear some beautiful necklaces that frame your torso. If you are wearing a long sleeve top bring attention to your arms and hands with rings and bracelets. Statement pieces are just that, wear one. However smaller pieces can be layered up and this is the only time I will let you walk out with rings, bracelets and necklaces on - keep them petite otherwise you’re going to look too bling for a film.
5. FLATS - Ladies repeat after me, it is not okay to wear heels to the movies, okay I don’t care how great your new Jeffrey Campbells make your legs look, you are wearing beautiful little flats. Why? Because it is always better to be understated. After all you’re going to watch a film not going out for a night on the town with your girlfriends. Don’t look too dressy, look neat and stylish. Too dressy will look like you tried hard and there is nothing more unappealing than that. Flats are your movie date no fails. You will be comfortable and they look really fucking cute on. My favourite are little ballet pumps but you can dress it up with some on trend sandals or bright colours. Go nuts just don’t go platforms whatever you do!
Above all have fun, don’t worry too much you’ll be in the dark most of the time anyway ;)
- wondercitylights reblogged this from wtf-shouldiwear
- piliruizorrico reblogged this from wtf-shouldiwear
- thelondonlippy likes this
- porphyriaslove likes this
- katlovesromance likes this
- littlemisscolourfull likes this
- starrceeairahh likes this
- mayalorraine likes this
- a-bennett reblogged this from wtf-shouldiwear and added:
- allafluttered likes this
- thebloodofabutterfly likes this
- jeshcarbeepbeep likes this
- astrozombie likes this
- wtf-shouldiwear posted this